Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Finished IKEA Rast Hack

 
 My laptop is still at the Apple store, I feel so lost without it.
So while this project has been finished and waiting for me to take pictures with my canon,
I decided to use my phone in the meantime. 
 
 
 You gotta love IKEA.  5,000 pieces of wood for one chest of drawers.
 
 
 The assembled but unfinished Rast chest of drawers. 


 I used two coats of Minwax Dark Walnut wood stain.

 
Semi-gloss white paint on the drawer fronts.
And finished with 3 clear coats of polyurethane.
Found the drawer pulls at Lowe's.

 Martha Stewart bedding from Macy's.
Leopard print pillow is vintage.
Framed daisy photograph taken and developed by my dad for my mom.
{smile}
Ivory quilt is from Home Goods.
 
 
Lamps from Target. 
Not sure if they're going to be permanent but I like the idea of having
brass lamps on the night stands. 
 
For this room I still need: Rug, window treatments and art.
Slowly, but surely, things are coming together....
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. They turned out great!!! Man I wish we had an Ikea here! :(

    ReplyDelete