Friday, July 22, 2011

Color Me Happy

I am a big fan of art, I love being surrounded by it. 
I would be thrilled if my daughter develops an interest in it as well. 
I wish schools would devote more time to art and music... 
It's disappointing to see how many schools don't
have a program dedicated to either of these.
Over the years I've collected quite a bit of art.  I enjoy anything from abstract to antique, as well as photography.  I mostly collect paintings and black and white photos I've taken myself.  The price I pay varies a great deal.  I've found items at art shows, searched online, etsye-bay and antique stores. 
If you're on a budget, there's a cool website with a great concept. 
They sell limited editions at low prices; it's called 20x200











If you prefer antique paintings, you'll have a lot to choose from on e-bay
(this link will take you to a good search)

Here are a few things I found on etsy:

You can purchase here

I like this painting of an orange cat, he reminded me of
our old neighborhood cat, Henry.

I love storms and the dark colors in this.

I think these LOVE prints are really cute.

I had to include this because it's titled 'Lucy Making a Getaway to Sausalito'
Weird, huh?

Carmel by the Sea.


Hope everyone can survive the heat this weekend.  Stay cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment