Thursday, July 21, 2011

Gaga for Greek

One of my favorite elements of design is the Greek key (or fret) pattern.  It's a continuous line in a repeated motif, usually used as a border.



There are countless ways you can use this pattern.  What's great about fretwork is being able to use with any type of decor from traditional to mod.


I bought this tray from etsy to set on my new buffet.

These glasses are going to join my new tray.

I liked these tumblers as well but decided on the gold ones.

Paint by numbers in a Greek key frame.

Antique Silverware.

Lovely room, lovely rug.

Pillows.

These cornice boards are striking!

Instead of commenting on what I like in this photo, it would easier to ask what I don't like.  So...I don't like the table on the left side of the bed.  The rest: love.

CHEERFUL

Understated detailing at the bottom of the skirt.

Shower curtain and matching towels in a stark white bathroom.

I would happily use any piece of furniture with this motif.

Nice neutral (rug).

I believe this desk came from the days of Domino.


Still no camera cord. 
I broke down and ordered a new one along with a lens cap I lost at the same time.
T.G.I.Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment