Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Vintage Bedding for a Little Girl

When I moved my daughter to a big girl bed, I had a hard time deciding what style bed and bedding I wanted to go with.  To get an eclectic look, as a general rule of thumb, I prefer to use antique furniture with modern lighting and accessories. 
Not always, but I usually lean towards dark furniture. 
With a vintage cherry canopy bed, I might use a white chenille bedspread/shams.
Here are some ideas to pull the room together.


Pink paint seems so ordinary for a girl, but when it's pale pink? 
It becomes a beautiful neutral that you can pair with anything.

A glam mirrored nightstand.

I prefer to use a pink with a peachy tone. 
Gives a warm glow to the room.

Great combination of a pastel pink paired with bright orange,
hot pink pillows and color prints above the beds.

Great rug and roman shades.
My favorite combination with pink is red. 
Although you could literally choose any color and it would work-
gray, brown, black, yellow, orange, green, coral, eggplant, etc. 
I love the kerry cassill dark eggplant print with red and pink flowers.


Euro pillow by John Robshaw.

I would add some colorful euro shams and repeat the idea of a
couple monogrammed pillows in a brigh color.
Bright blue lamps are a nice accent.

White bedding, floral pillows and modern paper lantern.

Nice example of my all-time favorite combo: peachy pink with red. 
Fun lamps with wooden side tables.

Bamboo blinds are perfect for adding texture, warmth and filtered sunlight. 
Would use ivory or white panels.
Simple brass pendant light by Jonathan Adler.

I am a bit partial to bamboo chandeliers.  So fun!

Reminds me of a crown. 

LOVE this pendant.
Another favorite.

Love these prints from etsy.

What's cuter than a daschund on a pillow...

Maybe a pillow that speaks french, like this one?




No comments:

Post a Comment