Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Outfitting the Entryway

The entryway is the first area guests see when they come into your home.
While most home owners admit this is usually the last space they tackle, 
it's your chance to really 'wow' your friends.
Go a little wild, make it a fun project! 
Hang that wallpaper you love, paint it a bold color,
use pieces and accents you've always been afraid to.


You'll want to create a focal point. 
A chest, table, bench, chairs, mirror. 
A rug is always a nice and warm way to welcome your guests.

Although I currently rent, I'd love nothing more than to hang wallpaper. 




David Hicks La Fiorentina, one of my favorite patterns.




How fun to have a church pew in your home.
Create a photo gallery here.




Or an art gallery.

You can't go wrong with a bench.
A great place to take your shoes and coat off.





I would do a really simple bench with most likely an animal print or a dalmation print like this one.




I'd also like to update my chest of drawers with some new shiny hardware. 
Either a pretty knob or a basic ring pull.


And yes, I'm willing to admit that I'd like to have a cowhide rug. 
(Although I'd use a faux one if it would make you folks happy...)

No comments:

Post a Comment