Thursday, April 18, 2013

Brass is Back

They say what goes around comes around, and brass is back!
Unlike shiny brass from the 70's, the current trend has an aged or antiqued look.
Brass is showing up everywhere throughout the home:
accent pieces, figuirines, lighting, and my favorite....hardware.






 
 
One of the most popular IKEA hacks is the Rast dresser.
 
(before)


(after)
Although you could add any type of hardware,
I'm partial to the standard brass ring pull.


I am currently in the process or replicating this hack.
I've stained the outside in a dark walnut.


Painted the drawers a glossy white.




Only thing left to do is add some polyurethane! 



For my next project, I'd like to do the MALM 6 drawer dresser.
Add some overlays and brass drawer pulls and it looks like a million bucks!



I especially love seeing brass used in kitchens.
It adds a warm feel and a touch of class.




Black and brass are just meant to be together.









 
 



I really dig the brass bamboo chandelier in an all white kitchen.


Hardware, sconces and pendant.....all in brass.





1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, can't wait to see your hack done! Looks great!! I would kill to have an Ikea close by!!

    ReplyDelete