Thursday, May 26, 2011

A New Beginning

Wow.  Less than 3 weeks on the market and I sold my house!!!  I'm still trying to wrap my brain around how quickly everything has happened.  If I may brag for a moment...dang! I'm so proud of myself for getting the house ready to put on the market, leaving it spotless on a daily basis and for what may seem simple to others- keeping my sanity!  And guess what?  No tears.  YAY for me.
Time to get down to business.  Notice I choose to ignore the boxes that need to be packed and the things I need to get rid of.  I would much rather focus on how I'm going to decorate mine and Luce's new pad.  

Since I've decided to rent for now, I've been torn between finding a house or a condo.  After looking at several run down and smelly rental homes, I've decided on a condo downtown.  It's going to be a brand new lifestyle and I'm psyched for me and the Luce.  Everthing is new, floor to ceiling windows, subway tile in the bathrooms, hardwood floors and tons of wall space to hang my art.  A terrace where we can sit outside, a gym, garage parking and I get to buzz people up when they come to visit. 
I'll say that part again... I get to buzz people up
(doesn't that make you want to sing the theme song from the Jeffersons?)

I think my furniture is going to look and fit really well in the space.  However, with a new place, there are always new things you need.  Here's what I have in mind:

Round table from IKEA that has a leaf to seat 6 when needed.

I already have 2 ghost chairs, will need two more.


Coral chandelier for above the table. 

Parsons desk, suppose I'll need to get a groovy laptop.

Armchair with casters to go with my new desk. 
Have always wanted an upholstered headboard and with this bed,
no dust ruffle to mess with.


 
Have about 6 weeks to prepare for my move.
Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment