Saturday, April 16, 2011

Black Paint

I believe more people are starting to have an open mind about painting a space black.
I happen to love the color black.
Works well on furniture, in kitchens, as an accent, in artwork.  
It's classic and grounds a space. 
A misconception about painting a room dark is that it will look smaller,
when in fact it makes a room look bigger. 
Black is sophisticated, intimate and oh so rich

Black walls mix well with a warm colored wood
(like the antique desk and bamboo blinds).
I especially like that they painted the trim black.

wow

 Black works best when it's paired with lighter colors to give it some contrast.

Fantastic mirror, lamps and a pop of color.

super for bathrooms.

Love everything about this room.

I am quite smitten with wallpaper...
makes me feel like I'm wrapped up in a little cocoon. 
The arrangement of art and photos above the bed makes the room feel so inviting.

So unexpected in a child's room.
You could also do black chalkboard paint.  (ANYwhere).

I became obsessed with this kitchen years ago when I saw it in Domino magazine.
The black walls, turquoise door and palm leaf chandelier are de-LISH!

Art really pops against black.

Looks like a velvet headboard and vintage side table and lamp.
Gold trim on the lampshade- nice touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment