Friday, March 18, 2011

Going GREEN

But not in the sense of 'eco-friendly'.
Where would I use green?  On furniture, walls, bedding, accents. 
When I bought my red velvet sofa a few years ago (after I decided my first choice of brown velvet was not going to work), I was torn between trying to find a green fabric or stick with my go-to color of red.  Obviously red won out but I am still very drawn to the earthy and warm color of green.

(my living room a couple years ago)

If you've been to my house, you know I am not afraid of color.  There are times I think white walls may better suit the many different fabrics and art on my walls...but it just doesn't seem cozy to me.  I like to feel 'snuggled in'... with pillows, blankets, photos, hardwoods, rugs, warm lighting.  Here are some of my favorite greens.

I really like the paint color.


Green and brown are a great combination.

Trellis fabric on slipper chairs...Dreamy.

This kitchen is fabulous!!!  Butcher block, black laquer cabinets, marble countertops
and green trellis wallpaper. 

Kelly green sofa. 

Oh, the headboard!

WOW!!!

Love. That. Table.

Those drapes are the epitome of how great the color green is.
And with the ivory sofa and that rug?  Fabulousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment